Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Nine Hearts

This is D's backyard, where I do laundry.

I have an appointment for surgery in May. I've had it for a couple of weeks. One thing about having a surgeon like this is that his schedule is booked a ways out. (I share about him in the previous post, Tether.) During the time between his already-booked operations, he is teaching in China, New York, and Chicago. So I am waiting. And although waiting makes things even harder financially, I am also grateful to wait. It is letting me catch up on sleep, and take walks outside, and recover some strength and energy after what was a very stressful time, and before the challenge of surgery.

I haven't wanted to write much in the blog since getting to LA. I value this narrative, and plan to continue it. And there are some worthy things within this time too, which I hope to share soon. But as the days are coming, I feel like I would rather be with myself in them, than try to describe things.

I'm still messing around with social media every day. It's a way to feel connected to people I am far from. And I love spending time with close friends, or getting to talk with friends or family on the phone. That is the best. I want to feel loved and to give love right now. I will probably share the surgery date on facebook closer to the time, to ask for love and good energy.

I just had strep for a week. That sucked. Oh and here's something else. While I was walking last week, I saw this playing card on three different days, in three different parts of the neighborhood (the wind, dontcha know). And each time I saw it I wondered if I should, kind of, get something from it. I wondered if playing cards have meanings attributed to them like tarot cards do. On the fourth day, I found it had blown up onto my very own door step, so I took this photo and looked up the 9 of Hearts meaning online, and that was nice.



Lots of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment